Sporadic hot water - Only some fittings getting hot water

Well its only a flat so its not huge and I have no idea about the actual pipework length, but the kitchen sink is no more than 17 feet away from the cylinder, and the ensuite bathroom is probably about 22 feet away in a different direction. These were the two areas that were not getting the hot water until I closed off the valve.

I think I may as well just get a bronze pump put in that is suitable as suggested. I assume I can then decide wether to use it or not and if I dont then it wont have a detrimental effect on anything?

Im curious now though, Ive only lived here for 5 months but the previous owners had it from brand new in 2004. I presume this pump isnt something the builders would have put in and lasted this long? It must have been the previous owners at some point?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back