spraying MDf shelves in production....... any help???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people, I am new to the forum so please be gentle. I hope I am posting this in the right section. I have a lot of shelving to do 25mm mdf I am talking there’s around 50-60 odd shelves at 1mx 350mm.

What I would like to know is what is the best way to spray them in production?? I have got a decent sealey compressor along with a couple of sealey gravity spray guns.

What I want to know is how to prep the mdf?
What primer to use??
What paint to use? Acrylic? Sprit based? PU?
How many coats will I need to do??

How to achieve a high gloss finish and also a silk finish??

Please remember these need to be done in productions as there’s **** loads so I will be spraying them, all hanging up.
I have sprayed other bits in the past, car bumpers, wings, other small panels so I have a rough idea on spraying just never sprayed wood or mdf.

Any help will be much appreciated people. Thanks. :D

Sponsored Links
hi i just wanted to know dose any body know where i can buy some acrylic black gloss from :?: :?:
cant seem to find any.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replys people. 1 last question what lacquer should you use on acrylic paints??

In order for any finishing system to work the layers need to be compatible, so acrylic lacquers need to go onto an acrylic under coat and any overcoating would need to be acrylic as well. But why are you trying to use (presumably clear) lacquer on top of acrylic paints? Acrylics are high gloss materials in any case and the best finish is normally obtained directly from the gun or by using an ultra fine cutting compound at the end of the process.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back