Spurting / Air in hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

I have a rather odd issue in our kitchen tap ... when I turn it on full whack hot (which is what I usually do for washing up), a few seconds later, I can hear the sound of air bubbles within the tap, and the flow is interrupted and the tap spurts slightly. The flow then goes back to normal for a few seconds and the cycle continues. I have not noticed this issue when it is on full whack cold (mains), or when it is somewhere in the middle.

The tap is a SWIRL mixer tap from Screwfix, only installed about 4 months ago.

I have noticed that no other hot tap in the house does this:
- Ground floor WC has a mixer tap, doesn't do this
- Bathroom sink has a mixer tap with an aerator, doesn't do this
- Bath filler mixer tap doesn't do this

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should look for/investigate as to why this is happening? The water spurts aren't big so as to splash hot water everywhere, but it's just annoying to hear the sound of air coming through the tap, almost like a loud crackling noise!

Thank you in advance to all!

Best,

Kay.

Sponsored Links
Try running the tap for 5mins see if that rids it could be you've a pocket of air in the system.Bob

Hi oil boffin, have tried your suggestion to no avail. I left the tap running for a good 15 mins but still could hear the air bubbles! Any other ideas on what this could be? I hope it isn't the tap!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back