stabilised and thermostatically controlled?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Can anyone tell me the difference between a stabilised and thermostatically controlled electric shower? All I know is I've been told to go for thermostatically controlled to ensure the temperature stays the same. But 'stabilised' is a new term to me, and for all I know it could be better :)

I'm after a new electric shower and the triton aspirante wireless/remote looks quite good - especially as it takes all the electric away from the actual shower, which makes me feel safer ;) but it says it is stabilised not thermostatic.

btw, what's the brand like? I've always used mira or redring in the past.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
the difference between the too:

thermostaticly controlled: constant temp, the shower mixes the right amount of cold and heat to provide the required temp

stabilised: constant heat of the same power, probably high and low....
you regulate the temp with the flow rate of the water passing through the slower the water flows the more it heats up

thermostatic is better but more problematic...due to how simple stabilised is

ah, so stabilised is just the proper term for your bog standard electric shower with no thermostatic control and can go very hot to very cold then?

Seems a shame and a bit odd as the triton aspirante is quite expensive and for a top of the range remote system I would have thought it would have something like thermostatically controlled.

If that's the case, I'm on the look out again for a nice thermo flush/remote shower about £300-£350 if anyone knows of one .... :)

the triton aspirante is an over rated shower for the price.
many other better showers for around the same money.
depending on the type of hw system you have.

Sponsored Links
I just want a cold water fed electric shower, thermostatically controlled, probably about 9.5-10kw and one that looks smart and is either not too deep or can be mounted flush/concealed (hence why I first looked at the aspirante). I'd like to pay no more than £300 but can go a little more.

If I can't find anything flush (or any good recommendations) I'll probably go for a mira alera/galena/escape as they look very bonny though they aren't exactly flat to the wall.

they are good showers the azora is another one they are basically a mira sport internals. sport being a very good shower and been around sometime now.

Aye, forgot about the azora. Am I right in thinking the azora/alera/galena/etc are all the same but have different facias? the prices vary wildly (<300 for azora but >400 for galena), but I can't help thinking there must be a difference otherwise they'd have the same name given each one has a few various facia colours.

I think the escape is a tad smaller though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back