Triton T300SI Leak from stabiliser assembly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I've used this forum many a time to solve my problems but this is the first time I've had to actually post a message asking for me, go easy.

My mum, bless her, has a triton t300si remote shower, which use to have a ridiculous amount of pressure. Recently it got the dreaded low pressure light flashing, apparently the main cause of this is the solenoid. So I replaced this and it now works again.

BUT...

Now there is a leak, I'm not talking a few drops here but a constant stream of water when the shower is running, nothing when the power is on but not running.

The inside of the shower case doesnt show any signs of previous leakage and the leak is coming from the Stabilising Valve assembly unit. On the side at the bottom of the SVA is a small hole that looks like it should have a screw in it, thats where the leak is, see pic below.

Can anyone tell me why its suddenly started leaking through this hole, and if there is anyway to fix it.

Thanks a million
alex
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Update,

I've been investigating a bit more this morning, I turned the pressure down and found that the water isnt actually coming from the stabilising assembly. So I took the stepper motor off and turned the electric on. The stepper motor turns(as it should) but the water actually comes from where the stepper motor inserts into the stabilising assembly. So my conculsion is I do need to buy a new stbilising assembly.

BUT...

there is always a but,

A few seconds after I turned the shower on, the top transformer sparked and then again a few seconds after that. The shower continued to work/leak until I turned it off(a few more seconds).

Are the transformers linked to a cut out or something, am I gonna have to buy a new pcb?

I've marked on the pic where the leak is and where the spark came from.

any advice is welcome

alex

Thats a relay not a tranformer.
don't worry about the spark off the relay but fit a new stabiliser valve.
it's not an uncommon fault on these.

Sponsored Links
Hi seco,

thanks for the reply, not sure why i thought they were transformers :oops: as you right.

I've ordered a new stabiliser valve, should be here tues or wed, are they messy/easy to replace?

thanks in advance
alex

easy to fit just isolate water supply remove inlet pipe.
remove 11 then 13 then 10 will come out

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd post an update.

I purchased a new stabiliser valve assembly and fitted it tonight.Here's my guide to replacing it.

Turn off water, turn off electric.

See previous post for picture of shower unit with numbers

Unplug No11 from circuit board
Unplug the remote cable (top right of circuit board)
Remove screws at top and bottom of No11 and put to the side, note dont loose the 2 white caps that go between No11 and No10.
Remove screws from circuit board (top and left side on mine), leave the circuit board where it is. It should move a bit.
Remove the screw on No10 (on right hand side)
Remove the screws either side of No13
Unplug earth pin at No14.

For No10 to come out it needs to move right and up.

Gentle wiggle No13 downwards and pull No10 slightly up and right. For me No13 came off 1st,I then pulled a bit more right and it came off the heating element (7,8,9).

Before you put the new No10 in, align the pin from No11 so it sits correctly together.

Lastly, on top of the old No10 is a plastic flap, remove it and put on the new No10.

Thats half way.

No follow every thing in reverse. It looks more daunting than it actually is.

So my mums shower is now working again :)

BUT... there's always a but.

When the shower is turned on/off at the remote(in bathroom) the top relay lets off quite a big spark, as previous mentioned. Obviously I have no idea if this happened before the stabiliser unit went, I presumed that it only sparked because there was a fault but now the fault(initial) is fixed it still does it. Is this a sign of future problems?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards
Alex

Triton 300si wireless ,just replaced my stabiliser valve on above shower due to leaking from location pin onto stepper ,problem now is low pressure permanently on and cold water ,whatever setting ,any ideas folks ,all terminals are secure

Now sorted placed a wedge of cardboard between top of new stabiliser and micro switch ,everything now works fine

Hi all, I've had the exact issue described in the opening post and thought I'd solved it - ordered the stabiliser valve and installed it following the steps above. The only issue was that the water was coming out tepid at best, the low pressure light wasn't on.

When I was finishing off the installation there were 3 wires that I wasn't sure where to connect, the instructions hadn't said to remove them and I don't remember removing them....stupidly I didn't take a photo of what it looked like before dismantling everything...facepalm!

There is a long blue wire coming from the bottom of Number 14 (diagram above) and a shorter red wire coming from the very top of the unit, Number 1. I connected them as shown in this photo.

After discovering the water wasn't hot I swapped them over. Now, when I turn on the power to the unit nothing happens - normally you can hear it starting up. The lights on the unit in the shower come on as normal but no water comes out.

There is also cable 3 in my photo which I have no idea where to connect....

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DIY not.jpg
    DIY not.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 858
Hi everyone. Could someone confirm that the part I need to replace is the Stabiliser Valve Assembly. I have two of these showers, I've attached a video link showing the problem. My other shower is hot however seems to be very low pressure, wondering if it's the shower head I've bought because I can't see anything obviously wrong with the other one.

Thanks in advance:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By3Y8rQG0O9sWnhPODZRdWpKOU0

Hi everyone. Could someone confirm that the part I need to replace is the Stabiliser Valve Assembly. I have two of these showers, I've attached a video link showing the problem. My other shower is hot however seems to be very low pressure, wondering if it's the shower head I've bought because I can't see anything obviously wrong with the other one.

Thanks in advance:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By3Y8rQG0O9sWnhPODZRdWpKOU0

From your video it looks like the water is coming from the stabiliser valve assembly. Ive just had the same problem but yours is leaking more than mine. my was leaking from the same place as per the original post but a new valve has sorted it.

Hi everyone

Thanks for the advice posted above about replacement of the stabiliser valve. It no longer leaks from the valve!.......

But it now leaks from where 13 joins the valve. Ffs!!!

Is there meant to be a washer where it joins 13?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Stu

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back