Triton T300SI - no water following stabiliser replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, long time user of all the great tips on here; this is my first thread!

I've replaced the stablisier unit on out Triton T300SI shower following a leak only to discover was that the water was coming out tepid at best even though the low pressure light wasn't on.

When I was finishing off the installation there were 3 wires that I wasn't sure where to connect, ....stupidly I didn't take a photo of what it looked like before dismantling everything...facepalm!

There was the long blue wire - (1) in the attached pic, the shorter red wire (2) and the random earth wire (3).

After discovering the water wasn't hot I swapped the red and blue wires over, opposite to how there are in the picture. Now, when I turn on the power to the unit nothing happens - normally you can hear it starting up. The lights on the unit in the shower come on as normal, however, but no water comes out.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DIY not.jpg
    DIY not.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 439
Sponsored Links
The red wires are ELV AC power from the transformer, so plugging them into the wrong place on the PCB could have damaged it. Guessing wiring, especially when little electronics are involved, is a very expensive gamble. The red and blue wires are corectly fitted in your photo. I can not confirm the earth connection from your photo.

The lights will work on the unit in the shower as it is seperately powered with batteries.

I have seen these before where the flow swich rod moves up but isnt operating the microswitch.
The switch mount is very flimsy and the rod tends to push it hard and buckle it so it only intermittantly operates the switch. You may find you have to fit a wedge behind the back of the switch to keep it pushed back to its original position.

If you put the wires back as they are in your photo and you no longer get any water there is a good chance the PCB is now blown.

Thanks for your replies!

I had the red and blue wires connected as shown in the the photo originally. There was water at that point, only it was tepid at best. I then swapped over the red and blue wires, with the power off, to see if that made any difference. At the same time I also disconnected and reconnected the earth wire. Since then, when I hit the switch, nothing happens except for the lights coming on on the shower unit.

I've got a wedge which keeps the micro switch engaged - that was an issue before all of this and was solved by the wedge.

These pics show the earth wire I mentioned - not sure exactly where it's meant to go.

Thanks in advance for any more suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 396
Sponsored Links
The wiring diagram shows an earth connection to the motor housing. That is the only place it can really go.
IMG_0212.JPG

Thanks for your replies people! I've attached the earth as instructed above but still nothing. The power goes to the shower unit but nothing happens to the unit. Any more advice greatly appreciated! Is it likely that the PCB has blown...or could it be something else?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back