Triton t300si stabiliser valve main seal - need to replace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The other day our Triton t300si shower began leaking like a good'un. I have just taken the back off and the leak is coming from the top of the stabiliser valve unit, where the main seal sits - water spurts out from between the body of the unit and the plastic end cap.

See the images below for a better understanding:

1) The stabiliser is item 10 in this image:

167000_166421_34525_53965572.jpg

2) The stabiliser itself looks like this:

219WDwZfBWL.jpg

The water is spraying out from the top, where the end cap under the four screws meets the body of the unit.

So, I have removed the stabiliser, undone the four screws, and inside is the main valve seal, which looks like this:

$T2eC16NHJGYE9noohZ1-BQPVO8zolQ~~60_35.JPG

All well and good, you might think, but the valve seal from our shower looks perfectly ok - not torn/perished/damaged as you might expect.

I can order a new valve seal, but I fear it may not correct the problem.

Any ideas? Or can a valve seal be knackered although it doesn't look like there is anything wrong with it?[/img]

Sponsored Links
Inspect both valve seal and the casing it sit in. It may be a pin hole on the seal that you never notice it. Check around groove the seal sit, both on main body and the top end cap.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back