Stage-managed rubbish

L

longdogs

The previous Top Gear thread reminded me of all the other Stage-managed cr*p on telly. For instance; when Kirsty & Phil re-visit a house buyer who has previously been on their show; we see the front door open (from the inside) and the proud home owner says''Ooh what a suprise, its so nice to see you'', well didn't they notice the camera man standing just inside their hall?

Or, what about Cash in the attic, Bootsale challenge etc. How does the camera man know when to film a new bidder, just before they bid?

I could go on.....

Sponsored Links
watch deadliest catch, now thats not stage managed!

Sponsored Links
That Captain with the gruff voice recently died. Was it Phil?
What happened to him? did the smoking get him? he always had a ciggy on the go. I seemed to recall he mentioned that smoking had done his voice.

Was watching him the other night. he was packing in smoking and turned into a right barsteward to the crew.
They in turn were taking the mickey by lighting up at every opportunity, even when they were getting lashed by huge waves.
He had patches, gum and mints to help him.
It worked, he lasted 3½ hours! :LOL:

You have to take your hat off to those guys though, that is one hell of a tough job with no guarantee of wages when you get back to port.

he had massive heart problems in an earlier series. i think a lot of them must die young looking at their lifestyle. Saw a program about how they film it, the camermen have some massive balls as well

average of 11 deaths a year over the last 5 years.. before that it was averaging 30-40 a year.. :eek:
still it's like 1-3 weeks work for $200,000 dollars or something silly.. but that's not guaranteed..

survived a clot through the heart and ended up having a stroke..
he was docked at the time.. so that was in his favour but he still died later..

Sponsored Links
Back