Stain Or Damp on Plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Had some skimming done, when it dried out I noticed what appeared to be a damp patch 7inch x 5inch, but when I touched it it seemed fine, just assumed it was something with the plaster.

Next thing I noticed was that during the heavy rain all around the patch became damp. I 'think' Ive fixed the problem with the leak, so tried drying the plaster with a hair dryer :rolleyes: . The new damp patch dispeared, the original 7inch x 5inch remained but after alot of drying with hair drier it changed to the dry plaster colour. However 12hrs latter and no rain the 7inc x 5inch patch was there again but not expanding.

Will post pic tonight but question is, is it possible for a patch of plaster to be a darker colour and by heating it up change its colour, and then when it cools it goes back darker, for any other reason than it being damp ?

Is there anyway I can tell if is actually a damp patch other than just by touching it as I just cant tell. Cheers
:)

Sponsored Links
As well as the picture, tell us if it on on an outside wall or a chimney, and tell us what is on the other side of the wall (e.g. a cracked drainpipe; fixings for a hanging basket; garden tap; cracked brick, missing pointing; leaky gutter above, piled up flower bed above the DPC, whatever.

Rolo said:
... I 'think' Ive fixed the problem with the leak..
tell us more about this leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back