Stainless Steel Fabrication: Any Experts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Prompted by the welding thread...

My nutty OH rarely asks for much- not interested in jewellery, cars etc- but she wants a 'plunge pool'. That's an unheated 2x1x1m pool.

Anyone have any idea how I could have the 'inner', the equivalent of a pool liner, made up in stainless steel; and how much it would cost. Anyone know what the thinnest gauge ss could be used, bearing in mind plastic pool liners are only 20 gauge, or about a millimetre. I have the stiffness issue sorted, so it really is just a liner.

Ta.

Sponsored Links
IME it's a "must have" fashion, an itch she needs to scratch & it will not be used much more than 3x.

You can buy one of these for less than £100 & they are of a quality that will survive those 3x uses. You can then sell it on FB locally to another plunge pool victim for not much less than you paid for it.

I meant experts about stainless steel fabrication. Out on a limb here, but I'm confident you cannot put me in touch with someone who can make me a ss 2x2x1 tank for £100.

ha ha ha, stainless tank for £100.

I had some stainless steel worktops make from 1.6mm Austenitic brushed stainless steel, 20 odd years ago these were around £150 cash in hand.
3 years ago, I thought I might have another one made 1.8mm x 600mm x 40mm from a local steel place... was £500 for one. o_O

It's cheaper if you can get it from a sheet that doesn't need joining together, the larger the sheet, the dearer the job, I was told.

What about an IBC water tank with the top chopped of, cost you around £50 :LOL:

Sponsored Links
There will be SS fabricators around your area, most of the work they do will be for farmers or restaurants. I did some work lining a 'container' to be used as a kitchen with the plastic sheets used in dairys etc, they has an SS fabricator to line around the kitchen area and extractor, it was thousands as opposed to hundreds.

If you've built a timber and ply 'box', have you considered fibreglass, simply buy a roofing kit for the required meterage.

I meant experts about stainless steel fabrication. Out on a limb here, but I'm confident you cannot put me in touch with someone who can make me a ss 2x2x1 tank for £100.
You want the brownie points yet you don't want to spends much of your precious £money?

P'raps stainless steel fabricators should work for next to nowt, so's you can get your BJ.

Plunge pools life expectancy is approx 3x uses. If you wish to spend more than you can afford just to keep her happy, then please understand that she can never be happy. If/when you finally realise this, then it is usually too late.

Dork, I did not mention £100. You did. My wife is a cold water dipper (sea). If she wants a plunge pool, she gets a ****ing plunge pool. Add to the conversation or bugger off!

Stop calling it a 'plunge pool' and refer to it as the 'sex pond'.

I guarantee you she'll change her mind.

Fibreglass:

Sponsored Links
Back