Stairs underlay - which cloud 9?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had new carpet fitted in loft and asked company to put cirrus in loft ( as better sound insulation) and connoisseur 8 on the stairs and landings. I realised after they were half done that they had put cirrus all the way. I pointed this out and the company was very apologetic, admitted their mistake straight away but said they didn't have connoisseur in stock. They put the whole carpet down and have given me 2 options - 1) Wait for connoisseur to come in and they will change over but it will take a day. They have assured me new carpet won't get damaged by taking off and refitting back. 2) They will take £150 off the cost of the carpet and also do stain guard free if I keep with the cirrus throughout.

I'm in a dilemma as I don't want the hassle of a refit but I find the cirrus very soft for stairs and am worried it might not last as long. I picked the connoisseur thinking it would be much better for stairs due to high use. The company have said cirrus is better for stairs as it's more flexible and they say it will last a long time.

What do you think? Is there much difference in these underlays? Is cirrus ok for stairs? Ball and Young don't suggest it for this area.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back