Stalking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just read Sunday paper .... 1 in 8 people in UK subject to unwanted attention from an obsessed person .... Stalking !! Cannot believe that figure it seems a ridiculous number ..... is it imaginary ?
Crikey, how many of us suffer that sort of attention ? If I do then am glad I do not know about it !!
Chubb, I believe are offering insurance cover .... relocation costs even !! etc !!!
That seems to suggest there is no definite (legal) protection from this sort of attention, I guess proof is the difficulty .... pretty sad really.

Unbelievably, see here :-
http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=122401
P

Sponsored Links
As a 56 year old overweight man, I've got use to being stalked by 6ft blonds with endless legs, trouble is every time I approach them I wake up.

Fitter, I know the feeling, that blonde having legs which start at the bottom and grow down ...... endlessly !!

One in eight seems crazy ..... Perhaps many people are over-imaginative ? Paranoid ?

P

That is a load of bo**ocks. The number of girls I know who claim "I was stalked" or "I am being stalked"... It all depends on your definition. To me, stalking would be following someone about in secret, spying on them, going through their rubbish, that sort of thing. But many people, for want of a self esteem boost, attention, I dunno, will claim that just because some guy has shown any interest he must be stalking them.

Back at school this girl who I knew accused me of stalking her. And do you know why she accused me? She happened to bump into me in the street. Walking in the opposite direction. Outside my school. At 8:30 on a weekday morning... Her school being 2 miles away, and her living the other side of it! Her justification as to why I would be stalking her? I had asked her out once, several months before! :LOL:

Because of that neurotic bloater her school rang my school, my form teacher had strong words with me and I earned a reputation as "a stalker" at her school. Which with me going to a boys' school and her going to a girls' school made it pretty hard to meet women for a while! :evil:

And something incredible: every girl I have ever met who claims to have been stalked is pig ugly and more than a little bit overweight. I know some very good looking women: never heard any of them claim to be a stalkee. Now, if I was going to prowl I would find the best looking girl I could. Otherwise it's just stupid. Like a car thief taking a 1984 Nissan Micra when there is a new Ferrari with the keys in the ignition next to it.

Sponsored Links
1 in 8 eh? Don't put too much stock in it though.

Did you know that 80% of all statistics are just invented :).

TexMex said:
1 in 8 eh? Don't put too much stock in it though.

Did you know that 80% of all statistics are just invented :).
:LOL: Now do we believe that? It's the old "everything i say is a lie" paradox :LOL:

AdamW
Reading a bit of logic from your post. You say.
this girl who I knew accused me of stalking her
You also say.
every girl I have ever met who claims to have been stalked is pig ugly
and you also say.
I had asked her out once

Why did you ask out a pig ugly girl. Is it because you believe the old stereotype that ugly girls are more desperate and therefore, easier to lay.

This is a common misconception that leads to a real phenomenon. ie a lot of really fit birds get overlooked simply because blokes don't think they're going to get anywhere with them.

So just a thought for the day. There are a lot of fit birds out there that are desperate :LOL: What's more, from your experience, they're not going to accuse you of stalking them :LOL: :LOL: .

BTW
Any fit birds out there that get offended at being called "fit birds" should eat more and get fat :LOL: .

TexMex asked Why did you ask out a pig ugly girl. Is it because you believe the old stereotype that ugly girls are more desperate and therefore, easier to lay.

Nah, I had been following her around for some weeks and just decided to ask her why she looked that way !!

I've never tried that chat up line "Why are you pig ugly, and Fat". Does it work? (certainly original). Probably would in Essex?

Ooo slap my wrist very hard, didn't mean it, didn't mean it. Honest.

TexMex said:
This is a common misconception that leads to a real phenomenon. ie a lot of really fit birds get overlooked simply because blokes don't think they're going to get anywhere with them.
How true, look at Nicole Kidman who said "why are men's frighten of me ?"

TexMex said:
Why did you ask out a pig ugly girl. Is it because you believe the old stereotype that ugly girls are more desperate and therefore, easier to lay.

Well, yeh. And I had heard in her case it was true.

I'm not proud of my actions, but I went to a boys' school so any other chance of nookie would have involved a different lifestyle choice. There just weren't any girls about, so pretty much the first one I met I asked out!

All she needed was a face transplant and she would have been fit. :LOL:

TexMex wrote:
How true, look at Nicole Kidman who said "why are men's frighten of me ?"
I'll have to send her my photo. If she doesn't understand the phenomenon she'll take one look and think. "Hmm he's pig ugly and fat, He's bound to give me a lay". And you know what, she'd be right :!:

Well, a mans goto have a dream eh?

Sponsored Links
Back