Standard plasterboard in high humidity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm lining some walls (living room) in a house in North Wales where relative humidity is often well into the 80-90% range, especially during the colder months.

I've got an indoor humidity monitor and even with a piv system running indoor humidity often reaches these levels. I'm hoping to get these levels down a bit, currently loft isn't well sealed so piv system (Drimaster) isn't running as efficient as it should, plus house isn't heated much at the minute (unoccupied mess).

Should I be using moisture board, or will standard plasterboard suffice?

Sponsored Links
Whatever you do you well get black mould when sitting at those levels for long period. You need heat basically to sort it out. The plasterboard I'm not an expert but i think normal would be alright one the house is occupied. Don't quote me on that though.

Thanks. Yes I think the condensation problems it's had are largely due to it not being heated for a long time. It was unoccupied for about a year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back