Staple gun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the market for a stapler for stapling the multi foil insulation and the like.
I work on roofs so ideally it would be battery operated
and should be able to fire 20mm staples.
If anybody has any recommendations I would like to hear them.

Sponsored Links
I didn't really have a budget but I guess I was expecting
to pay £200-£300 ish

If that's the case you can go for pretty much anything. I'd start with the brand you have most your cordless gear with. Most companies make a decent cordless stapler.

Sponsored Links
Well my stuff is mostly bosch and generally I would go with a bosch stapler but they don't do one
so I thought I would ask for recommendations.

Well I got no recommendations and I found there are hardly any cordless staplers that will fire a 20mm staple.
I have purchased a Vonhaus staple gun
and I used it today and I have to say it worked faultlessly, its aimed at the diy market so I will treat it with a bit more respect than my other tools.

ITW Paslode IM200/50 S16 Impulse Cordless Stapler.
Drives 16-50mm divergent and chisel staples.

Its only £774 including VAT.

I've had an earlier IM200 (the older model with the long stick batteries) for years. They're simple, robust and as bullet-proof as any gas nailer will ever be. The narrow crown staples can be a pain to source at reasonable prices, though, because there aren't many (any?) 3rd party suppliers. Good for all sorts of stapling jobs - mainly use mine for fixing angle track onto shadow battens these days....

20mm is pretty heavy, and you'll need a compressor, or passlode type gun. It's also possible that the force required to fire in a 20mm stapel would cut through the foil. Most people would use a hammer tacker, or a heavy duty staple gun.

I use the faithfull hammer tacker and found it to be the best....
Even though it fell to bits shortly after I put it to use. Has dozens of separate parts inside.
It has a large area strike base and fast load magazine which is what I like most about it.

Have this one also (Made by Arrow) which cuts anything thin it strikes due to its sharp edged striking base and is difficult to load. Crap design imo.

Last edited:
Thanks guys
I have a couple of tacker hammers already but they are not suitable for multi foil insulation as they don't have a long enough staple length, Same goes for the hand held staplers.
The Vonhass cordless stapler I bought worked a treat, I was a bit worried about it damaging the material so I tried
stapling a few off cut first to set the depth and once I set it there wasn't an issue.
As for the pasload I hadn't seen that one until after I had purchased this one so I will see how long this one lasts.
I had no problem getting extra staples
off ebay £7.99 for 5000.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back