Steel Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a steel bath from victoria plumb the feet are plastic and very narrow and there are no means of screwing it to the floor.I cannot drill them. How can I fix the bath to the floor, secondly there are two brackets attached to the bath at the back these are about half waydown the main body of the bath and would be about 4 inches from the wall when the bath is installed, what are these for. I have lined the old walls with plasterboard and was considering taking out a section of the plasterboard and inserting the bath about 10mm. I would appreciate any advice on all these issues.

regards

martin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
GALLERY]

Kaldewei bath.

The things on the side are for connecting an earthing point for supplementary bonding.

Your best bet is to batten the wall so the bath rests on it. I've also built a wooden frame around the front with thick batten "pillars" on the corners. Was suitably sturdy.
Place a plank of wood underneath spanning each pair of legs if it's going down on a wooden/chipboard floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back