Step by Step Fault Finding Guide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i wondered if you could help me. can anyone please give me a step by step basic guide on fault finding at a consumer unit in either a caravan or house that is RCD'd?

Many thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
its mainly for the future as i train as an electrician, i have been asked to go and look at a static caravan/holiday home that will have an RCD CCU in there and all i have been told so far is the caravan keeps tripping, so i wanted a strp by step guide to get me started, many thanks

plus i will have to check the hook up to the site and also check the caravan hook up also

Sponsored Links
Paul,
I guess that this is a theoretical situation so no problems, but for real world there is another problem which can occur on caravan sites. The van may have another supply (maybe even stolen) serving a circuit which is also linked to the "proper" supply. Often this is an outside light / alarm etc and may be controlled by a detector so when you test the section you're inspecting it appears safe, but can suddenly become live. This problem has killed people.
Take care. V.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back