Sticking a threshold bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to put a threshold bar between the bathroom (tiles) and the engineered wood ouside. They are both perfectly level and there is a gap between.

The issue is that underneath I have underfloor heating pipes, which I'm finding very tricky to find, so I'm kind of afraid of drilling into the floor.

Would sticking the bar to the tiles help in this situation, to avoid drilling?

Sponsored Links
Stick to one side only with polymer grab. Don't stick to both floor types to allow for movement is my thinking.

I glued down a bar ((was told gas and water below so drilling not possible).Used fixall.Put some weight on it for a few hours.
380C20BB-F218-4F1A-A4ED-61BF909445DB.png

Polymer starts at £4 ish. Any will do but the clear maybe best option?

Sponsored Links
Would unibond no more nails work? As I already have that

Would unibond no more nails work? As I already have that
Maybe, but needs to be very clean and dust free.You can put cling film over any area you don’t want the glue to stick too then pull away after.

Rather than "no more nails" try the gripfil stuck on the base only then cover the bar area with something so no one steps on it for a good few hours or put paper on either side to remind all not to step on it - we've used gripfil and were careful for a coupl of days and good as gold result.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back