Which Door threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just laid wooden flooring in my hallway. The gap between the floor and wall will be covered by scotia beading, however the gap between the floor and door threshold is pretty big. Our house has very wide door thresholds therefore im struggling to find a solution on how to cover the gap? I was thinking a T-bar however it looks a bit odd having a door threshold on another threshold!

The flooring is the same level as the threshold therefore it does create a large bump. Is there a thinner/flatter or more discreet option?

I can post a couple of photos if it explains it a bit better?

Sponsored Links
End profiles or square edge profiles are perfect for butting up against a threshold. I prefer Square edges as they are stronger, and fitted into a channel, it holds the floor down giving more stability in the door way (but they are chunkier)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back