Sticking beads to plasterboard with grab adhesive....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any particular types of grab adhesive - brands, reccomendations, solvent free etc to stick skim beads direct to plasterboard?

what do most people use?

Sponsored Links
Plasterboard adhesive is best, it doesn't crack like plaster does. Wickes own brand is best I've ever used. Makes great filler too.

Sponsored Links
Board adhesive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why no me think of that?!?!?! :rolleyes: total eureka moment!! would likely be easier to work with as well.

Thats guys.. Richard C - sorry didn't see you answer to this in the other tread. So cheers, and cheers... :oops:
when you say B&Q type, was that solvent/solvent free/ or makes no difference?

Richard C - sorry didn't see you answer to this in the other tread. So cheers, and cheers... :oops:
I've no idea without looking, does it matter! Ive never had any problems with it.

Richard C - sorry didn't see you answer to this in the other tread. So cheers, and cheers... :oops:
I've no idea without looking, does it matter! Ive never had any problems with it.
Looked this morning & it's solvent free so planet Earth is safe. :D

I use an electric stappler to put all my beads on, hold level on with one hand and stapple with other, No problem.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back