1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky multipoint door lock.

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by Richard Worrall, 23 Nov 2019.

1. Richard Worrall

Richard Worrall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The locking latch on my upvc door is sticky when unlocking as though something is catching inside the gearbox. I've taken the gearbox and bits off the door and determined it's definitely the gearbox at fault as the barrel lock turns fine. I'm not sure which replacement to buy as it's all attached to the door sliding lock part and won't come apart as far as I can see. It's got Fuhr 36 stamped on it and the measurements are: 35mm backseat, 90mm PZ, 53mm total depth and 185mm top to bottom. Pics hopefully attached.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. ronniecabers

ronniecabers

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Suspect looking at those pictures that the gearbox doesn't come off, as I can't see any retaining screws.
    If it's a 4 ' roller cam ' with deadbolt , look up a fuhr 856 , that's the closest from memory

3. Sponsored Links
  4. Richard Worrall

Richard Worrall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Correct can't see a way of detaching it and yes it's got 4 rollers on it. Thanks for that info I'll have a look

5. Richard Worrall

Richard Worrall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. ronniecabers

ronniecabers

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    To be honest, if the measurements all seem to tally within a few mm ( lock gearbox is the main bit ) then you should be fine. The roller cam keeps on the door frame should be able to be moved to suit .You may need a little fettling of the frame as it's an upgraded lock to your original , which I believe is discontinued

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local