stone age baxi prob HELP

D

doughnut27

HELP PLEASE. had hot rads upstairs and cold downstairs, Tried bleeding but to no avail, So i drained whole system filled it back up now boiler wont fire for heating but will 4 hot water haven't got a danny larrue so any advice will be welcomed cheers.By the way the boiler is a BAXI531RS old very old

Sponsored Links
cheers mate but no pump gravity fed system ,just changed thermostat no joy going 4 programmer if not any other ideas again cheers

Un- pumped [gravity] heating systems are as rare as rocking horse poo.
Your system may be gravity fed and your hot water may work on gravity circulation but chances are [odds on] theres a pump there and you can't find it.
Been a while since I saw a boiler like yours but I'm sure there was space inside the boiler casing for the pump. Is it wall mounted?

Sponsored Links
been a bit of a hampton,heating is pumped some joker decided to put it under floor in bathroom. opened up pump little bit of air came out tried the impeller spins freely. also put two port valve on to manual and got back heating upstairs but not downstairs[my original problem]. so i have ordered a new valve am i going in right direction. :?:

It could be and probably is the 2 port valve and you may be able to get away with just renewing the head but the chances are that the pump is in the latter half of its lifespan. Seeing as that is the next suspect, it could be worth the investment to fit one while you have it drained down.

You may be able to prove whether or not the 2 port valve is the culprit by taking the head off and operating the valve shaft manually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back