Stopcock spindle handle, where from?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

Do you know where I can get a long handle like a normal stopcock handle for underground, but for gripping onto spindle with the handle broken off?

Stopcock is turned off and unfortunately handle has snapped off, I know the stopcock work, I just need to turn back on.

I've seen them before with Thames Water.

Any idea where from?

Thanks

Daniel

Sponsored Links
It is water board property get them to sort it out, if they argue about the cost you could suggest it was a Water Board engineer that broke the stop cock in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Danny, I've sen a kind of mechanics socket / plug spanner with like needle rollers in it - Facom Roller stud extractor. OR a Sealey stud remover & installer ( that one's like a mini basin wrench )(y)

Last edited:
You gotta love Farmers - one had a burst water main , like Danny's setup . I exposed it and it was holed galv. iron - but nearby it was converted to copper. Got the gas bottles out and welded over the hole after disconnecting the copper and draining the water. Another one wanted some galv. pipework from a CW cistern in a shed. I used the prongs on a trailer tow bar to hold the pipe and pull an offset in it. I bought a car off one (BMC 1100) the cills had been covered with galv. sheet from a drinking trough - gas welded on with the car up in the air on the front forks of the tractor(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back