Stopping an under sink water heater leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have installed (quite a few times now!) a Redring MS6 water heater under a sink, however now matter how hard I try, I can not get the damn thing to stop weeping water.

The leaks occur on the plastic threaded joint between the unit itself and the dielectric connector, however I have had also had some problems on the male side of the dielectric connector where its joined to a female compression coupler.

I'm down to a drip every minute or so, which is the best its been so far, but its driving me mad.

I've tried PTFE tape, jointing compound, and a combination of the 2!

Currently the plastic-plastic connection in where the leak is, and the metal/plastic connections are dry.

This does however change ever time I take it apart to try and stop it!

Any advice/guidance on how I can get it sorted once and for all would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Ray

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested and it worked first time without any problems!

New tool box essential!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back