Storm Drain Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I recently moved home (4 days before christmas) on the weekend i was talking to my new neighbour and he was asking if i had been informed about the issue with the drain in the rear garden.

From what i understand there is a storm drain at the bottom of the rear garden, a while back the previos owner built a summer house over it and managed to totaly block the drain!! Now when it rains all the water builds up in the garden, i have since noticed a very large pond like puddle forming down there.

Unfortunalty i have been unable to investigate the problem as the drain is located under a large overgrowth of brambles etc...

On the plus side the build up of water can not get near the house or the neighbouring homes as the garden is 10foot lower than the houses.

My question is this: Whos responsible for the drain, would i have to pay to rectify this or would the local council do this at no cost to me?

Thanks All,
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back