Strange problem with shower...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old aqualisa shower, it was there when we moved into the house in 2008 so is probably on its last legs.

Problem is this with the shower head on the water runs cold (when turned full on hot) when you take it off the water becomes hot.

Theres also another problem in that when you run it first thing in the morning, I have to run the hot water from the bath tap as it seems there is air in the pipes and it takes forever to clear and makes a noise as if releasing air slowly from a balooon if i run the shower on its own.

Anyone got any ideas, as i say the shower is very old but not sure replacing it will really fix either issue? could it be the pump in the airing cupboard not drawing enough hot water?p?

Sponsored Links
Could be muck in the pump filters, or the shower filters, or your shower needs a new cartridge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back