Strange Round circle appeared on plasterboard Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had an extension built 12 years ago and just recently (during sub zero temperatures) I've noted a strange round circle in the plasterboard ceiling in the garage. It's never been painted so is it from adhesive or something else. At first I thought it was a water leak but I'm not sure due to the shape. If it was a water leak surely it would be a solid patch. It doesn't feel damp to the touch so I'm out on suggestions. Has anyone come across this?

IMG_3217.JPG

Sponsored Links
My guess would be condensation dripping from the inside of the roof structure. Even if it doesn't feel damp to the touch it may well be a bit damp.

Might be the position of a fixing nail/screw and humidity/condensation has highlighted it.
Do you have access to above the ceiling to help investigate?

Unfortunately i dont have access to that part of the ceiling. Its just above the ensuite which is tiled. its above the sink in the ensuite witch led me to think it was a leak, but i would have expected a consistent patch and not a circle. Its been cold enough to have condensation so it could be that as its in close proximity to the up and over garage door.
I could buy an endoscope which are fairly cheap and use that to investigate.

Sponsored Links
Stop using potential leak stuff like the sink. If it dries up start using sink again.. If it comes back result... You know the problem.

However. Depending from where its coming from like water pipe, it is could continue to be leak regardless if you stop

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back