Strange Studs??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

Whilst re-tiling my kitchen I have come across these strange studs. I have had a few people round but no-one can be sure what they are. They need to come off can the new tile are not as thick as the old ones and they will show through. Anyone have any thoughts as to what they may be??

Regards,

Gav.

View media item 73680

Sponsored Links
Hi
These are where there used to be a gas water heater fitted to the wall. They're both 1/2 inch BSP plugs, the lower one water, and the upper one gas
Take great care as they may still be connected.

Yes as Markerpen says there will be a galvanised jig in the wall and it may still be live gas & water.

Gas Safe engineer needed to either strip it out (best option) or fit flush plugs (if you can still get them) instead of the square headed ones, but that will still leave a hidden live pipe in the wall.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys.

I loosened the top one yesterday and nothing. But I have had a new gas main fitted when the new combi was put in so I know the gas one would be dead. But I assume by what you all have said that its very likely the bottom one is still live water!!

regards

Gav.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back