Strange things under floorboards

I just wonder why you think that Secure would post about finding a dead cat under a floor if he hadn't - what would be the point?

Sponsored Links
Sensationalism. How long have you had the Internet? He's a boring person that is trying ( and failing) to be interesting.

Sponsored Links
Was the cat a Lion...Lion, Lyin' geddit??? ;)

Seriously though this can't be that out of the ordinary, I remember reading on this or another forum (I think a burglar alarm fitters forum) that cats were always finding their way under floorboards.

Animals are great followers of sods law - if there's one place where they shouldn't be guaranteed that's where they'll turn up :eek:

I once found a cat's skull in a field. It was unbroken but completely cleaned out. The only other thing left was a small amount of skin with the fur still on. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Foxes , crows and seagulls could have taken the rest of the cat but what could have eaten the brain without breaking the skull open. My best guess would be maggots. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Now put the dead cat under the floorboards where no mammalian (or avian) scavengers can reach it. What's left? The only thing I'm unsure about is whether maggots would also devour the fur. Are there any entomologists out there? :?: :?: :?:

Me and my Dad once found a ring under some floorboards.

The top was black, and studded with some stones, which made up the numbers 1, 8, 7 and 6 placed on top of each other. It looked Victorian (or rather, not older than Victorian) so I guess it referred to 1876 or 1867, but I have no idea what it related to....

A couple of years after my Dad died, a plumber found 500 quid under the floorboards where he had hidden it!

Sponsored Links
Back