Structural engineer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have cracks in three walls-two external walls and one internal wall, and in two ceilings in my house and I want to get a structural engineer to do a report. Could someone tell me how long an inspection of the whole house should take and how much I would be likely to be charged? Have been told by one firm that it would cost £400, but they said they would be here only 1 to 1 and a half hours and it would be a 'visual' inspection only, so I assume that they would not bring a ladder to look into the loft or to check upstairs window sills (the bathroom window sill is almost non existant and a builder said that that had caused thasat [particular wall to crack, because of water leaking into the wall.) I had thought that an inspection would take at least three hours. My house is a two bed terrace.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Seriously.

Every crack is a tell-tale to it's cause. It's relatively simple to look at the crack, in context to it's location, and come up with its most likely or actual cause.

Sometimes this can be done walking up the garden path. Other times a quick look around the back or in a few rooms can confirm initial thoughts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back