Stuck bolts on drain cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.

I'm trying to remove some drain covers in the garden. Some of the bolts seem to have seized and I'm wondering the best way to get them open. I tried a handheld screwdriver but no joy. I was considering the impact driver, but I'm not sure if this will knacker the threads/ bolt head. Any suggestions? Picture below.
Cheers, Rob.

Attachments

• IMG_20231219_093138.jpg
    IMG_20231219_093138.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 43
Sponsored Links
Buy a bigger screwdriver (seriously!) that as close as possible matches the screw slots.

The screws/bolts look like stainless steel (otherwise they'd be rusted to f**k) which is good news. Some silicone grease on the threads while refitting would not go amiss.

Thanks buddy. I got a bigger screwdriver then read your message! It has worked sort of. The only problem I have now is several bolts are just rotating and not coming up (and the cover is still locked in). I got one out with leverage and pliers, still working on the others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back