Stud Wall Shower Mixing Bracket / Plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am planning on installing a Stuart Turner Monsoon shower pump and will be installing 22mm pipe work for the hot and cold feeds (to and from the pump which also has 22mm fittings).

I've been looking for a good stud wall shower mixer bracket to mount up the mixing bar above the shower bath but so far all I have seen are brackets / plates that have 15mm fittings.

I don't really want to have to reduce the pipe work down when I get to the bracket so does anyone know or can recommend where I can get a decent quality bracket which has 22mm fittings on it please?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
What size connections does the shower have?
Bear in mind that you will be restricting the flow at some point; at best through the shower hose, at worst at the shower connections.

I'm planning on having 22mm pipe work right up to the shower mixer. It's how I plumb that part in has made me look into using a wall bracket but all the ones I have seen all seem to be 15mm on the elbows (not 22mm). I have seen independent 22mm elbows but they are not of a bracket.

This leads me to think I either find a wall bracket that has 22mm elbow fixings on it OR reduce my 22mm pipe work to 15mm before the bracket and then use a 15mm bracket to plumb in the mixer. If so what would be the best way to reduce.

In an ideal world I would like my 22mm pipe work to go right into the mixer (via the bracket) to save reducing. I agree it will be restricted eventually but, like you say, would rather that happened in the mixer / shower hose & head than in my pipe work before the mixer.

Does that make sense?

Sponsored Links
You won't notice the difference in restriction between reducing in the mixer and reducing immediately before the backplate, the biggest restriction will be in your shower hose which, at best, will have a 10mm bore and most likely much less. Very few showers use 22mm connections anyway, the only ones I can immediately think of are bar mixers which mount onto 3/4" MI fixings, but bar mixers tend to be a budget rather than a quality option

Ok thanks, sounds like I will run the 22mm pipes right up to the bar mixer plate and then reduce them down to 15mm and carry on from there.

Thanks for the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back