Stupid Potterton's Why Why Why!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Puma 80, its about 6 yrs old. It got a new PCB 6 months ago because pilot light was going out all the time so it was fixed with that.

Now the pilot light is going out again, but this time there is no banging of pipes when pilot light goes off like before. like before it goes out when HW is used.
The boiler sounds much different to last time it does not sound the boiler is boiling dry it just sounds normal with pump going.

Can any one give me any idea's on what this problem is this time surely not the PCB again, well it was apparently a relay sticking on boiling water dry so over heating. Could it be the HW sensor switch sticking.
:oops:

Sponsored Links
It is another bastard (who charges for his services for survival) who will answer you query.

Who did you get to repair the boiler? Not a 0800 number from the yellow pages I hope? Who installed the PCB? Cannot see the PCB causing the pilot to fail or boiler running dry. YOU are supposed to ensure boiler has sufficient pressure of water in it.

If you keep calling the engineers monkies, I suspect you will not get any help.

I know never again paying for it. It was a Potterton Engineer in SW London. He said it was very common for PCB to go after 6 yrs.
There is no problem with pressure steady 1.2 bar.

Sponsored Links
.... are designed to fail after just 5 yrs,....

Don't believe everything you hear, it's not easy to design something to fail at a specified time.

Please read your original post (or is it rant) Does it make sense to you, because I find it difficult to understand what you are really saying, except that you are angry (Maybe the admin people could set up a "Rant" forum)

Monkeys don't charge £75, but they're not very good at diagnosing electronics. If a monkey could do it, why didn't you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back