Subfloor prep for parquet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning to install 500 x 70 x 20mm oak parquet (brick pattern) in a room with partial concrete and partial suspended timber subfloors (25mm WBP plywood). The old concrete has terrazzo tiles installed which are firmly in place but there is no DPM below the concrete. There is also a new insulated concrete slab but i propose the same method.

From reading around is appears the following should work:
1. rake terrazzo grout lines and abrade terrazzo to provide mechanical key (cut slots using angle grinder)
2. Apply Fball F76 liquid DPM
3.Apply Fball P131 primer
4.Apply Fball stopgap 200/300 to level of the plywood - approx 5 mm
5. Install parquet using B92 adhesive - b92 over the b91 as the blocks are 500mm long

Is this sequence recommended and should the primer be applied to the terrazzo before the F76? Which self levelling compound should be used, 200 or 300?

Alternatively, does anyone recommend other products. I looked at the Wakol range for parquet but it is significantly more expensive.

thanks,
David

Sponsored Links
Hi David. I'd post this up and the flooringforum.com mate and a lot more wood fitters on there.
When laying a solid wood floor the prep has to be spot on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back