Suffolk edit: holiday cottage want me to scan their QR code with the test ad trace app!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m going on holiday there next week - never been to that part before.

The cottage is in Boxford - I believe it’s near Constable country and there are some pretty villages near by.

Is it nice?
Any tips for places to visit?

TIA (y)

Sponsored Links
That is a hell of a drive for you! Small village with population of around 1k, 1 pub with other pubs/resturant within a 10 minute drive, oh there will deffo be a church (always is) and a corner shop. River nearby so probably able to hire a day boat if weather is nice. Might be an animal farm for kiddies if you have one.

WTF?

I've never been to Ipswich & I've never met anyone who readilly admits to being from Ipswich.

How exactly, do you choose your holiday destinations????

Sponsored Links
That is a hell of a drive for you! Small village with population of around 1k, 1 pub with other pubs/resturant within a 10 minute drive, oh there will deffo be a church (always is) and a corner shop. River nearby so probably able to hire a day boat if weather is nice. Might be an animal farm for kiddies if you have one.
all of 2 hours (y)

Ive just been reading the small print -holiday company expect me to scan their QR code using the test and trace app

Sod that o_O

has anybody else come across that?

Ive just been reading the small print -holiday company expect me to scan their QR code using the test and trace app

Sod that o_O

Pubs and resturants showing QR codes in windows here, download it to any phone and wipe it off after the holiday.

Sod that o_O

Why do you have a problem with that?

After all, aren't you a fully jabbed up member of the lab rats club? :rolleyes:

Sod that o_O

How will they know? They don't get any feedback to say that you have scanned it. If they are watching you then just go through the motions of pretending to take a photo of it. I've never seen anyone actually scan, I have seen people pretend to do it if asked to do so.

It reads to me that it's their QR code?
My pub requires you to sign in, which obviously they could check up.

I don't see the issue.
It's their t&c so if you don't want to sign in, don't go.

It reads to me that it's their QR code?
My pub requires you to sign in, which obviously they could check up.

I don't see the issue.
Agree, it is just part of the ping & trace system should anyone there have the virus.

Sponsored Links
Back