summerhouse base dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there people.
i wonder if you could help me with some ideas please.
i am getting a summerhouse measuring 5m x 2.5m.the problem is that i have no rear access to my back garden i can get the building through my house no worries but i need to put a base down first.to put a solid cencrete base down i think would kill me before i enjoyed the SH as it would mean carrying all the bags/buckets of sand cement ect 1 at a time through my house first.is there a different way that would be suitable for base without all that work before hand? i thought of engineering blocks in runs along the front,back and middle of the base directly on the floor and cemented into place levelling as i go.would this be suitable or if anyone has got a idea that would work well without all that hard work i would love to hear it.
thank you.

Sponsored Links
There must be access somehow - what if you remove some fences or arrange access via a neighbour's garden?

thanks for the link rjm2k they look quite good,just have to see if i can get them cheaper on ebay and ivixor i am mid terrace and there is no service road so i would have to ask 3 neighbours on either of the sides.which i think would be abit awkward.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you don't have access rights across the backs of your neighbours gardens?

maybe look into having the concrete pumped through the house. there are people in essex who say they do it: search "pump concrete through house essex" on your favourite search engine....

thank you everyone for their ideas.the plastic tiles look like a good option as if i want to move i can take it with me and the only thing i will need to replace is the roof felt.
thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back