Supplemental bonding to CPC in bathroom.

pcr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read on the forum that supplemental bonding in the bathroom need not/should not be taken back to the consumer unit, fine by me. I also read that there is potentially a problem if this is done.

So when the bonding is connected to the CPC of say a class 1 light, isn't that effectively connecting it back to the CU ?.

Hope someone can clarify this for me.

Thanks, PCR.

Sponsored Links
the slight difference is that if there should be a fault local to the bathroom, you have bonded the bathroom electrical circuit CPC to the bathroom incoming pipes. So even if it has resulted in the bathroom CPC having a voltage on it, all the pipes and the earthed casings of any electrical items will be at the same voltage, so you will not get a shock from touching two things at the same time.

The bathroom has become an equipotential zone, regardless of anything that might be happening outside the bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back