Supply for 2.8kw oven and 2.8kw induction hob.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi question
Just purchased a new oven its maximum rating is 2.8kw and an induction hob at 2.8kw both come supplied with 13a plug fitted, if all my hobs are on at same time according to manual with the booster function it is 7200w ÷230 =31a I already have in place a cooker supply on an 32 mcb am I right in saying the best thing is to leave the hob on the cooker circuit by itself and with the oven come off the ring with a 13a fused spur unit? As the oven works out at like 12a?

Sponsored Links
If the hob comes fitted with a 13 amp plug ,then it probably has electronic controls to limit the demand. Both oven and hob can be connected to the existing radial cooker circuit. Or oven to a socket on the ring final.

Sponsored Links
Connect both to the cooker radial

Don't forget to take diversity into account , you will only use maximum amps if all four rings and the oven are heating up at exactly the same time which is unlikely

Even then you are still under the maximum rating of the circuit anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back