Supply to Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When installing the supply to a programmer, I believe you need to provide a fused switch.

If this is installed vertically above the programmer, is it reasonable to route the outgoing HW and CH cables through the back of the metal box?

If not, how do the experts do it neatly?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
does not need to be fused switch, just a fused connection unit.

it does not have to be above below to the right or left either, just some where close. (not the other side of the wall close)

never run cables through the fcu box other than the ones for the fcu

BG952.JPG
is fine or with a switch if you like

Thanks Breezer, now I even know what it's called :)

Having taken on a house where the previous owner has run cables at random angles and had a few near misses, I am now probably a bit too obsessive about keeping wiring in places where you expect it. But I'll take your advice and mount the fcu just off the vertical and keep the other wires separate.

Sponsored Links
If this is only a boiler spur and not the main heating isolator then that is correct. Although I would still prefer to see a double pole isolator or triple if modern boiler with switched/permanent live in its place.

If this is the main on/off fro the heating system then it MUST be a double pole switched fuse outlet with a 3 amp fuse in it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back