Suprima 60 - No LED's lighting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, here goes.
Boiler is Suprima 60 with balanced flue. System is non pressurised, running 10 rads on CH and 1 towel rad & cistern on HW. Boiler is 8 years old and has previously operated without fault.
System was shut down & drained to move radiator in one of the bedrooms. system was idle for about 2 months, then fully bled and turned back on. Problems (in order) and action taken are as follows.

Boiler failed to ignite. Identified as no power to switched live. 3 port and cylinder stat replaced and problem solved. Boiler operated for 3 days.

Boiler 'kettled' and locked out numerous times. Identified as CH pump. Pump replaced and boiler operated for 2 days.

Boiler started to lock out frequently, and this is where the wierd stuff began. After a day of continually trying to reset, BOTH LED's went out (never to return). Having read so much about the PCB problems of this model, I opted for a replacement from Control Engineering Technology in Watford. I installed it this morning, and for good measure I also replaced the temperature thermistor and overheat thermostat (in case they had been damaged by the earlier kettling).

Still no illumonation to the LED's. I have reset the heating controller (not the Potterton integrated one) and there is power going to both Live and Switched Live on the front panel. I have also checked (by disconnecting and reconnecting) all cables.

Any ideas??? At all???

Thanks in advance to anyone who can solve this mystery...

Martyn

Sponsored Links
The combustion fan should be ruled out. If the fan is the cause you will need another new pcb.

David

Thanx soggy for your quick response. However, spending a whole bunch of time checking through other threads, I was made aware of and headed towards the fuse on the PCB.

On checking, the fuse was smashed, with only one cap inside. tried the trusty old 'screwdriver-bridge' and she fired up beautifully. CET are couriering out a new fuse today.

Martyn

Sponsored Links
raden said:
You have checked the fuse on the pcb I hope

Yes Raden (see my post above). Geoff sent me a new one. In fact, he sent me a whole new board which I took the fuse from and returned the board.

All is now working fine.

Martyn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back