Suprima 80 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any clues on what could be wrong on my boiler.

I have a Potterton Suprima 80 HE and it is not working and showing a Flow Thermistor Fault (Red light on, middle flashing and right light on)

It was working fine until I drained down the central heating system to change a leaking rad valve. I forgot to turn the boiler off while I did it but the central heating was turned off (hot water on) so I didn't think this would be an issue. Unfortunately afterwards no hot water and the Boiler was showing a lockout fault, but after a reset the Flow Thermistor Fault.

I have replaced the radiator and filled the system back up but seem to still be getting the Flow issue. What seems to be funny is there are some pipes that are very hot around the boiler and upstairs in the cupboard. I do have the Immersion but these pipers are cold so I'm presuming it is not working.

When I switch the boiler on it fires up and gets going and then sounds like it is going to take off could there be a air lock? I so how do I get this sorted out

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Welcome but may I suggest you post this in the PLUMBING AND HEATING section.

B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back