Potterton Suprima

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i've A Potterton Suprima which is designed as pumped central heating and gravity hot water.The hot water is now not working, the boiler fires up but goes off once the pipe is hot with no flow .There are no valves between boiler and cylinder.I have had it powerflushed and get a flow from hot water pipes but when reconnect to boiler nothing ?. Its been suggested the coil in tank may be scaled up to much for the gravity system and only flows when pumped.Any ideas thanks.

Sponsored Links
did know you could pop a suprima on a gravity HW system

so I cannot comment

Agree with Corgi, never heard of or knew a suprima could be used on anything other than fully pumped. It only has 2 pipes off it and needs a good flow rate through it when on.

You sure you dont mean potterton profile?
you would be better off spending all further money on making system fully pumped.

Sponsored Links
You sure you dont mean potterton profile?
you would be better off spending all further money on making system fully pumped.

I think your on themoney there rob

but the OP has dis a mapearred as per usual

I hate it when they do that

:)

Sorry the boiler is a Profile.If I have the system changed to fully pumped ,is it possible that the cylinder would still need changing.

Sorry the boiler is a Profile.If I have the system changed to fully pumped ,is it possible that the cylinder would still need changing.

YAY you cam back

it would be advisable to upgrade the cylinder to a part l1 compliant cylinder but you dont have to

:)

Thanks corgiman and others >Sorry to have Td you off the other night but I never thought I would such a quick response.I'll go for a pumped system ,new cylinder and controls .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back