Potterton Suprima cast iron 50L FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been quoted £2200 to install ( new install not replacement ) a Potterton Suprima Boiler with new expansion tank and replacement hot water storage tank. When I searched for info on the Potterton Suprima they were several bad reviews. Is this not a good boiler and if so what are the alternatives in a similar price bracket? Also it was suggested that it is installed in the airing cupboard which does have an outside wall. Is this a good location for it?

Sponsored Links
Fitted 3 suprimas last autumn and serviced a couple of others. No call backs (touch wood). Good little boiler. Airing cupboard (may need vents)should be ok if sufficient access.

Snowflame said:
I have been quoted £2200 to install ( new install not replacement ) a Potterton Suprima Boiler with new expansion tank and replacement hot water storage tank. When I searched for info on the Potterton Suprima they were several bad reviews. Is this not a good boiler and if so what are the alternatives in a similar price bracket? Also it was suggested that it is installed in the airing cupboard which does have an outside wall. Is this a good location for it?

Suprimas had problems with bad PCBs a few years ago, I believe this has now been fixed. Seen millions, had one, always been OK.

Sponsored Links
PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN: I have to confess I didn't ask about Regs etc. thanks for reminding me - I will ask before going further. The price does not include fitting rads as these are already in situ due to current provision of CH provided by District Heating. Is it therefore still a good price? Also, I have a linked detatched with 7 ( may be 8 in the future ) rads. Is a 50L big enough?

50,000 btu should be enough at a "guess" but really needs the property measuring up to work out properly, the guy who is fitting the boiler should either meaure the rooms individually or use the whole house method as learnt on the "Domestice Heating & Efficiency" course, then you will know for definite.
Price still seems good if all been done to regs, and Benchmark log book (small blue and white with service log on back), which will be supplied with your boiler, make sure he fills it in and you check and sign it,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back