POTTERTON SUPRIMA 50L PROBLEMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

Having some issues with my potterton suprima 50l boiler!!!!!!!! I can only get the central heating to work when the hot water is on????? If the HW is off and the CH is on, their is no power to the boiler and it will not fire up. I have changed the control unit and the mechanical valve on the tank, the boiler control panel has been changed in the last couple of years. I have only just noticed the problem as I normally have the HW on constant. Should this be the case??
Does anyone know if this is the way these boilers run?

Thanks
S

Sponsored Links
Dont you have a motor valve which has failed?

Tony

is the motor valve the valve which controls the 3 pipes, one from the tank, 1 to the radiators and 1 to the pump?
changed the head unit but not the pipe T.

thanks

Who changed it and when and awy?

Your fault sounds like a failed or wrongly connected motor valve!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'v only lived at new house for 8 months, always had water on and just noticed today as i turned water off but wanted heating on, I spoke to mate (plumber) who said it could be 1 of 2 things. The control unit or the mecanical valve. I changed both but nothing changed it stayed the same!!!!!

S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back