Potterton Suprima 50L

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

First Post on the Forum and from reading through the suprima stuff, I realise I may have picked an "interesting" one :confused:

I have a suprima 50L fitted in my home and it has generally worked fine without thel ock put problems that most seem to have experienced. The boiler and house are 3 years old.

Over the past few days, the boiler has been heating the hot water ok and fires up without a problem. Unfortunately, nothing now happpens for the central heating - no matter how high the room thermostat is set. (The thermostat does appear to click as if sending the message that heat is required to the boiler but nothing then happens)

I'd appreciate any info or help on this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
well there is nothing wrong with your boiler, the problem will be either programmer/room stat/2 port valve, at an educated guess I would look at the 2 port first.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that.

Do you think the valve may be jamming or is it a straight replacement?

Thanks again

Just replace it. If it has jamed it will do so again.......30 quid and an hours work....simples

I had the same problem. The valve was ok, I could freely manually move the lever on the 3 port valve. I replaced the motor (about £10 and a 2 min job) and it worked 100% thereafter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back