Potterton Suprima Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Potterton Suprima 60 which has had the usual PCB replacement a while ago, but it's now started to make a strange noise (sounds like some sort of internal pump or fan).

Rather than just spending more money on it, I think it'd be better to go down the new boiler route (I think it's about 15 years old).

When the boiler was installed our house was significantly smaller. Since its installation, we've had a couple of sizeable extensions added, hence I feel the boiler is a bit on the small size.

If we were going to replace it with another Potterton Suprima, I'd probably go for the 80, as I think the primaries on the Suprima 100 are 28mm aren't they?

Is anyone able to give me a recommendation for a replacement boiler that will be pretty straightforward to swap. As I say, the primaries on the existing boiler are 22mm, so that will need to be taken into account.

Any help, much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Your 'primaries' concerns are rather irrelevent.

Consider a Viessmann 100 Compact, Broag Avanta or a Vaillant 4 series. Any good installer will ask the right questions and take into account the pipework when preparing a quotation for a solution.

ditto to those choices perhaps consider the ideal classic HE also.

Your boiler probably just needs a fan though. i would just fix it.

Your boiler probably just needs a fan though. i would just fix it.

Is there anything else in there that it could be?

I realise there's a fan on the flue, but is there any other suggestions on what the strange noise could be?

Perhaps a pump? It sounds as if something's 'straining'

Sponsored Links
why do you think you need 80,000. btu . if you limited in space for boiler the classic is about same dimensions and very reliable and proven

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back