SURREY FLANGE-FOR SHOER PUMPS ONLY OR NOT?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I NEED TO CLEAR UP A POINT. is it worth installing a surrey flange to supply a dedicated hot supply to a mixer shower (non-thermostatic). Or is it better off just taking a t-off from the normal hot feed (although slightly higer than the hot feed to the bath/basin)? a dedicated cold feed from the cold water storage cistern in the loft will also be taken. basically my point is, is a surre flange only needed when a shower pump is being installed or can it be used otherwise??

Sponsored Links
if yours is not thermostatic i would use a flange, coming off the supply pipe without a thermostatic mixer and someone use's another hot tap you will end up will a sudden temp change.
as a flange can not be affected by this.

MSN-Emoticon-098.gif

thanks for advice. so with a surrey flange i can con nect the supply to the shower from the side and the original vent/hot ditributing connection ontop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back