Swapping gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

Tomorrow we're having our kitchen worktops replaced and at the same time we though it'd be good to change our electric oven and gas hob. I couldn't get a gas man at such short notice (admittedly I haven't tried them ALL) but I still want the work to go ahead.

I plan to switch the gas off at the mains and take the gas hob out myself, and leave it disconnected/switched off until I can get a gas man round. If I take the gas hob out is there usually an isolation valve or other self-sealing fitting so that I can turn the gas back on so I can still have central heating? Is this something I'm allowed to do as long as I don't connect the new hob myself? The kitchen is about 30 years old, and I suspect the hob and electric oven are too. No bother if not, I'll just live without heating for a couple of days.

Cheers,
Paul.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I've just realised that this is in the wrong forum - anyone know how I can move it???

You can ask admin...would bother, I thnk most people read all the posts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back