Gas hob supply pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 4 ring gas hob in the worktop with a rigid 15mm copper pipe that comes out the wall connection to the hob. Whoever installed this a while back put the pipe down below on the wall and then up to the hob. This restricts the depth of electric oven I can fit below the hob to 525mm. The oven now needs replacing but all ovens on sale now seem to be 550mm + in depth so basically the gas supply pipe to the hob is in the way of me slotting in a slightly deeper oven to what I have now.

I want to get a Gas Safe engineer in to re-route the gas supply pipe from the wall to the hob to be clipped just under the worktop so that it does not get it the way of the depth of the new oven being slotted in.

Question... what are the regulations now for gas supply pipe to the hob from the wall? Is the 15mm pipe OK still or does it now have to be 22mm?

We had the boiler replaced a few years back (boiler is not in the kitchen now) and the gas engineer ran new 22mm pipe (replacing 15mm) all the way from the gas meter at the front of the house up to the ceiling, under the bedroom floorboards to the new boiler, so that is all OK for regulations.

Just wondered about the hob situation? Just to confirm, I don't need a new gas hob fitted, just the 15mm pipework moved slightly behind the oven so I can slot in a deeper oven.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back