Gas Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have gas through 15mm pipe from meter to existing hob, the run from the meter to hob is about 5 meters, my question is we are buying a range double oven cooker with four rings, will the gas supply of 15mm be big enough. I also have a boiler and gas fire. Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
Your installation will require a pipe sizing calculation. From the limited info supplied though, it would seem to be already undersized.

A 6m length of 15mm copper pipe can deliver 1.9m3 of gas/hour.
Or enough for a 21kw cooker.
If you have a run straight for the meter to the cooker then
it can easily handle it assuming no other devices on that length of pipe.

Sponsored Links
A 6m length of 15mm copper pipe can deliver 1.9m3 of gas/hour.
Or enough for a 21kw cooker.
If you have a run straight for the meter to the cooker then
it can easily handle it assuming no other devices on that length of pipe.

Don't forget bends. Meter along from hob would have say 3 bends.... minimum.

Had a gas guy round and he said he would upgrade the exposed 15mm to the cooker to 22mm (about 2mtrs). So the boiler would stay on 15mm which is about 1.5 mtrs from meter, the fire is appro 4mtrs from meter. and the cooker is about 5mtrs from meter with about six bends on it!!

If you mean your point A to B offtake from the meter is 15mm, then your gas guy doesn't know how to do his job or the post is a wind up.

If you mean your point A to B offtake from the meter is 15mm, then your gas guy doesn't know how to do his job or the post is a wind up.
No it's not a wind up, I wasn't happy with what he said that's why I posted, he came recommended, LOL!!

Had a gas guy round and he said he would upgrade the exposed 15mm to the cooker to 22mm (about 2mtrs). So the boiler would stay on 15mm which is about 1.5 mtrs from meter, the fire is appro 4mtrs from meter. and the cooker is about 5mtrs from meter with about six bends on it!!

Where does your gas boiler fit in?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back