gas hob and oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, ive just finished my apprentiship and am corgi registered, i recently done a fit fot a hob and oven that were both gas. i found it to be an absolute pain in the arse.
ive always fitted free standing ones so ive never had to rigid fix.
can someone help me and give me a quick guide on the easiest way to fit an oven and hob in and the order.
*the way i fteed it was using 15mm pipe for both the oven and hob,
*yes they did have isolations, i soldered an adaptor to a street elbow with a bit of pipe and connected to the hob and finished piping up under the hob.
*the oven connection was on the top right and the face panel was no removable, so i soldered an adaptor to a piece of pipe and connected it to the oven, behind the oven
* i had soldered a elbow with a pipe so i could connect to the gas line, to do this i struggled as i had to remove the raised platform which sits beneath the oven and then repalce it again or else the pipe would be in the way.
*if there is an easier way someone please help me as it would save me loads of time....thanxs

Sponsored Links
:confused:
the oven connection was on the top right and the face panel was no removable, so i soldered an adaptor to a piece of pipe and connected it to the oven, behind the oven

Never done a rigid fix on an oven.

One of the other Rgi might have an answer :confused:

I'm pretty sure some of these built in ovens are allowed to be fitted on a flex, at least one of the ones I did could be fitted on a flex.

Otherwise how would you get it out for repairs/servicing.

James

As always check the mi's and get yourself access to the combustion chamber.

James

Sponsored Links
Most built in ovens are on flex`s but stick to using micropoint flex and fit bayonet where it says in instructions so flex hangs properly.
Not many about that are rigid fix.
Did it have the instructions with it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back